My Best Reads Of 2015

It's been a chaotic year, but 2015 is finally coming to an end. Every year is an year for new books, and the amount I've read is overwhelmingly large. I've picked out a few, in no order whatsoever, that I thought were the most memorable. 
  • In The Unlikely Event - Judy Blume
Judy Blume has put together a story of three generations, following 15 year old Miri Ammerman, and how three plane crashes changed hers and many others lives. Family, friends, and strangers are brought together in this touching tale, each generation passing on love and friendship to the other. I personally liked it a lot, because not only is Judy Blume a childhood favorite, but the hauntingly beautiful way each person's life is woven together. It is definitely a book I am reluctant to lend to other people.

  • Room - Emma Donoghue



This is one book that left a lasting impression on me. The minute I turned the last page, I had a empty feeling, as though I didn't know what to do with life now that I had finished the book. Room is where a five-year-old boy Jack and his mother was kept imprisoned for seven years. This book follows the journey of Jack and his experiences inside Room. I love this book. I wish I had it put on display on my packed shelf, but I had read it from the local library. The ending, I felt, was a bit off-putting, but maybe it was because I wanted more so badly.




  • The Cuckoo's Calling - J.K. Rowling, writing as Robert Galbraith  
I won't lie, I've been holding off reading this book because I was scared it might not live up to Harry Potter. However, it was pleasantly satisfying. Of course, once I got over the minor shock that my childhood hero J.K. Rowling was swearing in her book, I was pulled into it - DEEP. The mystery behind Lula Landry's suicide, the multi-millionaire friends and colleagues, all suspects, and the budding romance (only budding, I tell you) between Cormoran Strike and his new secretary Robin; it was all simply awe-striking. 

  • Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

Another book that left a lasting impression. Hannah Baker's haunting story is one that will imprint many teenager's minds. It is a story about depression, loneliness, bullying, rape, and suicide. It follows Clay Jensen as he goes through a series of suicide tapes Hannah left behind, each having one reason why she killed herself, to find out why he is one of the reasons. I felt like crying when I finished. It was certainly touching. 


  • The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams

This is a book I should have finished long ago. It was squished in the very bottom of my pile of books, and I only discovered it during spring cleaning. Nevertheless, it is a hilarious, odd, quirky book, that is completely worth the minor confusion you will probably face at the beginning. To quote, 

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.”


And there you go. Five of the many books I loved and cherished in the year of 2015. Of course, there were many, many more, and I spent hours pondering over which ones were worthy to be on this list. I actually feel guilty for not adding them. 
Anyways, here's to hoping that 2016 will bring with it many more books to read. 
Until then, keep reading and writing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Study Help Websites

Favorite Books Of 2016!

Favorite Wattpad Books