Book Review : The Kite Runner

NO SPOILERS.
I read this book at midnight in one sitting. Didn't put it down once. I didn't even notice the tears silently running down my face when I finished. 



The Kite Runner is a moving story about the friendship between two boys, the hardships one has to face, regrets, love, and redemption. 
There is Amir, a rich boy with all the luxury one can have in life, and there is Hassan, the servant boy in Amir's household, living in a mere broken down shack behind Amir's mansion. These two boys have a strong bond. Hassan is willing to do anything for Amir. One day, this loyalty Hassan has for Amir changes both their lives. 
It is so touching, so moving. I can't even exaggerate with this book. I have read Hosseini's 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' as well (review on that coming soon), but personally, Kite Runner is the champion. None of Hosseini's other books can beat the position this book has in my heart. 
The writing style, the plot line, everything is so perfect. The characters, so flawed, so hurt, so broken. I am literally in tears writing this. 
All I can say is, just read this book. You may not cry as hard as I did, but I promise, The Kite Runner will leave a lasting impression on your heart.
"For you, a thousand times over."
Five out of five.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Study Help Websites

Favorite Books Of 2016!