Book Review : A Court Of Thorns And Roses

NO SPOILERS.
I have fINALLY gotten around to reading this amazing book. I went in with high hopes after watching YouTube reviews by lovely booktubers such as Sasha Alsberg (abookutopia), and I can honestly say that I was definitely not disappointed.
Before going any further, I'd just like to add that the cover is so beautiful in real life. There's a lovely silver shine to the vines that is barely visible in the picture. I love it.

A court of thorns and roses (ACOTAR) is the first book in a trilogy, and it's about a huntress named Feyre who kills a wolf while on her daily hunt to find food for her family. Except it wasn't really a wolf. It was a faerie, from the land of Prythian, where all faeries lived. As her punishment for killing a faerie, Feyre is taken to an enchanted court where she is to live the rest of her life. 
At first, she tries to escape and go back to her family, but then she starts to catch feelings for her captor, Tamlin.
ACOTAR is a very, very loose retelling of the Beauty And The Beast. While I love Beauty and the Beast, it's important to know that ACOTAR is nothing like it. There's much more action, much more blood, much more excitement. I absolutely loved this book. 
Let's talk about the characters. First of all, Feyre is such a lovable, strong female. She is taken away from her family and thrown into this completely different life, and the way she handles it all is so commendable. I absolutely love and admire her. If I knew how to express my love of her more without spoiling the entire book, I would.
Tamlin, the hot and mysterious brooding captor. GOD. I love him so much. He is just so droolworthy. Most of the adorable moments between him and Feyrah are made so adorable because of him. I finally understand why Sasha calls him one of her fictional boyfriends, because s a m e.
Lucien, my baby. Rhysand, my reluctant hero. Alis, my mother hen. 
I love love love this book. Highly recommend everyone to read this, immediately. 
Five out of five, for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Study Help Websites

Favorite Books Of 2016!

Favorite Wattpad Books