My Top 5 Book Covers Of March

One of the first things we notice about a book is, whether you agree or not, the cover. I personally find myself only half as interested in a book with an uninteresting cover than in a book with an interesting one. I have rounded up my recently favorite book covers into the best five.

So here, in no particular order, goes my top 5 book covers of March.

1. The Martian (Andy Weir)

The Martian really captures my eye, with the beautiful orange faded design. I love it's simplicity. The book itself is about an astronaut who gets left behind on Mars, and has to survive on the utilities available and find a way to get back to Earth. Haven't read it yet, but am looking forward to.

2. Room (Emma Donoghue) 

Room interests me because of it's childish simplicity. The cover is in a simple white, with just the word 'room' standing out in bright orange, pink, green, and blue. I don't really know why myself, but I was drawn to this book instantly because of this cover. The book is about a young boy called Jack who has lived in 'room' his entire life, and is yet to find out about the world beyond the locked door.

3. Nobody Is Ever Missing (Catherine Lacey)

Nobody Is Ever Missing caught me and pulled me in deep by both the gorgeous cover and the title. My favorite genre is mystery, so the title really makes me want to know more about the book. Also, the cover is one of the most beautiful covers I have ever seen. I think the illustration is amazing. The book itself is about a girl called Elyria taking a one-way flight to New Zealand without telling her family or anyone else. It sounds really promising on Goodreads, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

4. The vintage classic versions of Jane Austen novels
THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. 
These are the vintage classic versions of four of Jane Austen's novels, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, and Mansfield Park. All four of them are so pretty, I want to buy them all even though I have these books sitting on my shelf right now. They look so simple yet so vintage and classy, and I just can't stop fangirling over them! So pretty! I am deceased. 

5. Heroes And Villains (Anthony Horowitz)

Okay, so if you have read a few of my previous blog posts, you might know I'm a fan of Anthony Horowitz. If you read them and you still don't know, well, now you do. 
Heroes and Villains is just one book from the Legends series of Anthony Horowitz, and the entire series has the most beautiful covers. I have three of the Legends series, and I love each and every one of them. They have the most grotesque, realistic, dare-I-say scary book covers - and I love it. I love the grotesqueness of it all. The Legends series contains re-tellings of myths, legends, old folklore, etc, etc. There are Greek, Roman, Chinese mythology that Anthony Horowitz has re-written in his own way. I am a huge fan of mythology (thanks to Percy Jackson) and this just increased my love for it.

And there you have it. The top 5 book covers I have been loving in March. Let me know what book covers you love the best. 

Keep writing :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Study Help Websites

Favorite Books Of 2016!

Favorite Wattpad Books